“How to “Season” Cast-Iron Cookware”
Seasoning is the process of allowing oil to be absorbed into the iron,
creating a non-stick, rustproof finish. Here’s how to do it:
1. Wash with hot, soapy water and a stiff brush. Rinse and dry completely.
2. Oil the cookware (inside and out) with MELTED solid vegetable shortening.
3. Turn upside down on the top rack of a 350° degrees F pre-heated oven.
4. Put aluminum foil on the bottom rack to catch any excess drippings.
5. Bake the cookware for one hour at 350° degrees F.
6. Let the cookware cool slowly in the oven.
♥✿´¯`*•.¸¸✿For more fun and amazing ideas… healthy recipes and motivational weight loss tips, Click this website and join us here—> https://www.facebook.com/groups/theskinnyinyou